Monday, January 09, 2006

Recommitment Deja Vu'

Since November my mind has cleared considerably. I'm sure it's the food or rather the lack of certain foods.

I've been able recently to categorize and sort and purge things that have forever just been big amorphous piles of good intentions, hopes, and want-to-dos. Those piles contained a lot of useful and interesting ideas, projects, and opportunities. I found my life's work scattered throughout my house.

I'm almost done with the sorting, purging, assigning of homes, and containerizing. Then I'll be able to move into equalizing mode. Thanks to Julie Morgenstern's Organizing From The Inside Out, I have a concept and vocabulary to organize the physical things. Thanks to David Allen's Getting Things Done my personal productivity has escalated to the point that I'm writing daily.

Finally! I actually have a novel underway and a set of tools to help me finish it. That's also in a large part due to my November participation in National Novel Writing Month.

So what am I recommiting to? developing this blog. Into what? I haven't encapsulated the focus into a phrase pill yet but I'm working on it. I am sure that I'll return to the basics; body and blogging. Body as in asking and seeking answers to how is the body like an anchor? How is the body like a filter? and Blogging as in spontaneous, chatting, long-winded, soliloquies punctuated by something that is useful or insightful or otherwise worthy of using time. Anyway, I'll post every Monday.








No comments: