Monday, January 23, 2006

Bad weight loss advice for mature women

I’m starting to detect a conspiracy theory. The government and food manufacturers have joined with the health care industry to aid the entertainment field in producing and maintaining an audience of fat, sick, depressed women. I’m only half joking.

My fibroid problems started when I decided to listen to the government and the weight loss industry. I wanted to lose weight. I wanted to be healthy. The mantra was repeated on the news, in sitcoms, on billboards, in commercials. It was blatant and also subliminal – I’m sure of it. It was/is full of half-truths and circular double-speak.

Anyway, their advice was;

  • eat more whole grains (wheat is the easiest to obtain)

  • drink 24 ounces of milk in a 24 hour period (as if diary is the only calcium source)

  • any exercise is better than none (... who will you blame when your weight loss stagnates? self)

  • there's more seemingly useful but simple urgings (test them before believing them)


Unfortunately, wheat and diary are not good for my body. I’m sure it’s not just my body but the bodies of millions of other women. I’d been eating these things for years but when I started focusing on eating healthy I ate more of them. They built up in my body and mucus held all sorts of bad things in. I sometimes ignored the fact that I didn’t feel well after eating.

just remember that I moved posts about "food as poison" to www.MultiPurposeWoman.com - eating should be simple. I wanted to focus this blog on other body issues. The fibroids have taken up so much of my energy and other resources.

This is where I started this blog back in October 2004! How to move forward?

No comments: