Sunday, October 31, 2004

worked out

To get on-track with this exercise program, I've enlisted the aid of my daughter and fitlinxx.

My daugher got me to the gym on Saturday. She went to her first live yoga class. She's been working out with a tape for a couple of months. Anyway -- back to me!!!

I went reluctantly but as promised without complaining. I had the desk person show me the secret "for special people only" locker room. I upgraded our family membership so I could get into said locker room. It has the sauna, the whirlpool, and baskets to leave lotion and other small things in. Okay - what about the workout? It was not as interesting as the sauna instructions. but ...

I didn't want to see people so I aimless walked around to different floors. Put my heartrate monitor on (I love that thing. It's one of the best gifts I've ever received). I got on a stairclimber that was in a hall. Did that for about 8 minutes. I hate stairclimbers. I looked into the 30 minute express workout room (a Curves knockoff). There were two many (2) people in there so I wandered some more. Decided to bite the bullet and go to the big, too bright, main workout space. I saw the cross trainers and remembered that I usually like them. Saw some new ones (lifefitness 95xi). Got on and enjoyed it as much as I can enjoy working out. Kept thinking, "this is sort of relaxing, wish I had something to read or listen to." Kept writing myself notes on the index cards I'd brought with me. I had a headache and was planning to just sit somewhere. I Kept going to fast. I told it I wanted to do the fat burning program so I was supposed to keep my heartrate around 117 but I averaged 139. Burned 250 calories!!

My daughter's yoga class was an hour. So I must have wandered for 30 minutes and worked out for about 38. When I got back to the yoga studio they were finishing up. She really enjoyed it.

Today - I went to fitlinxx.com and signed up for help. They know when I workout because I log it at the gym. Now if I don't workout they'll email me!! That's the most exciting, useful, motivating thing I could have done. The program I signed up for - First Traxx - asked me questions about my goals and my challenges and introduced me to the concept of a PAP - Positive Action Plan. PAP is not the best acronym they could have used. But ... anything else of interest? oh, I made my "white level fit points goal" the last time I was at the gym (12 Oct) - the points were from 2 years ago except for the last few that got me over. What does this mean? (1) I get a free water bottle (2) I don't have the past hanging around. White level behind me - on to yellow. (3) I need to accumulate 15,000 points. (4) I must be tired because I'm rambling - off to bed

No comments: