Saturday, November 17, 2007

focusing on being happy

I'm back to blogging at Body As Anchor & Filter. During the past months I went private. I kept writing. I just did it in a notebook instead of out in the open. It's a different experience and I think that being "visible" and open to comments and other randomness will generate some good elements and contribute to my happiness. So I'm back.

My number one focus will be exploring my current working definition of what it means to be happy. A couple of months back I decided that happy is actually an acronym for healthy, affluent, productive, peaceful, and yin-like. I've been writing, thinking, and playing around with what that means and have been pleasantly surprised with the exercise. I'll share some of those questions, games, and activities here and at www.MultiPurposeWoman.com.

Today's one of those special days when no one is expecting me to be anywhere. I'm staying in all day and purging some physical things that are cluttering up my space. I'm also going to figure out some computer issues I've been dealing with. It seems like my body has acquired some weird force field that is putting all my electronics in danger.

My palm pilot's screen cracked. I've had that thing for years and it knows a lot more about where I belong than I do. I've already missed one appointment. Hope there's not something on my calendar for today!! Both my computers are doing something strange - on my end software isn't working right yet support people are telling me that it should. I'm having that issue with 2 different things. Plus, my cell phone died and the new-to-me-one is also acting crappy. Maybe pen and paper are a good idea. Or maybe the electronics are mad at me for wanting a break from them. Just kidding.

Anyway, I have to get as many things acting normal as possible and as many areas purged and organized as time allows. Oh, I also lost my timer. Working in 15 minute blocks keeps my ADD tendencies at bay. Since I'm not leaving the house to buy another timer I'll have to use the one on the kitchen stove. Or maybe during the purge it'll show up. That's likely and it'll make me happy.

I think I'll add the things mentioned above to my wish list!! (palm pilot, phone, timer, - an iPhone! that would combine them all AND include an ipod function) Someone might have the means and desire to buy them for me. Yes, I'm in "rescue me" mode. Have you ever been in "rescue me" mode? Comment if you have in useful ideas for getting out of it fast and happy.



No comments: