Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Dancing, Exercise, and Resistance Control

I went to the hip-hop-ercize class. It was fun. I even took a young neighbor. She's going to high school this year and wants to lose weight so she can join the basketball team. I kind of think of her as insurance. If I'm waivering and she wants/needs to go then I'll go. If she's trying not to go and I'm in front of her house ready then she'll go. We've doubled our chances of success.

How is it that I can't dance?


The class was a lot like auditioning for a music video. Except that of the 13 participants none of us fit the body type. Anyway, it was fun music and hip-hop dance moves. I'm so out of it. An added bonus was that I learned the names of some of the moves/dances. As if knowing what they're called will aid my body in doing them.

Amazing for being in a community gym there were not an misc. people running/hanging around. It's free. It's about 3 miles from my house. And, the center is the proud owner of three pieces of my artwork so I get to see them whenever I go.

Unfortunately, Thursday's class is cancelled! That's actually a good thing since I'm already scheduled to do a healthy eating class with EarthSave. Besides the instructor, Tanika, said that soon there would be morning and evening classes. That's be good for my flighty schedule. Not so good for my neighbor once school starts.

I'll dance anyway. And go to next Tuesday's class.

No comments: